Heritage Exploration Club visits ChudangGarh
ChudangaGada is a fort built by LalatenduKesari. It was known as Sarangagarh, because the area had large number of water bodies filled with lotus and in Sanskrit, Saranga means lotus. Later onBarahaKesari renovated the fort, which was captured by Ganga king Chodaganga Deva after defeating Karna Deva, the last ruler of the Somavamsi dynasty in 1110 AD. The Heritage exploration club students of KP paid a visit to the historical place today. During the visit they interacted with locals to know legends concerning the fort. Besides, they also observed the architecture of the fort.