KIIT Krusader Mobile App Launched to Bring Digital Transformation in Campus
“In life, be a fighter, not a quitter!” Dr. Achyuta Samanta, Founder, KIIT & KISS has been following this philosophy since his childhood. Inspired by the philosophy of the Founder, students of KIIT Deemed to be University also feel themselves as fighters or crusaders in their academic career and life. In this context, KIIT launched a Mobile App, ‘KIIT Krusader’, to bring about digital transformation, inclusion and automation in its communication with its key stakeholders – students and parents.
The Mobile App was launched on 10th November 2020, on the occasion of World Science Day, by Prof. (Dr.) Sasmita Samanta, Pro-Vice Chancellor, KIIT Deemed University in the presence of the Deans and Directors of Schools of Engineering. Speaking on the occasion, Prof. Sasmita Samanta lucidly illustrated the background of developing the App and its utility in campus life. She also extended special thanks to Mr. P. K. Chamupaty, Joint Registrar (Admn.) and Mr. P. K. Mohapatra, Director-Admission for their efforts to transform concepts into reality through this App.
KIIT Krusader’s primary objective is to drive adoption of digital interventions among students and their parents to bring a wide range of information with speed and accuracy. They can download this App from Google Play Store and App Store and use it with the login credentials provided by the University. They can also use Web Login apart from the Mobile App. In the inaugural version, access to e-Identity Card, Circulars, Notifications, Image Gallery of University News & Events and University Profile were provided. The App will be helpful in informing the parents about the University activities and progress of students in the campus through a parallel App account meant for them.
Features of current version:
- E-Identity Card: It allows generation and display of the e-ID card required to access different campuses of the University.
- Instant Communication: Circulars and notifications can be communicated on real time basis through the Mobile App, Web Interface, KIIT email and text.
- Dual Accounts: Separate account for parents and students for accessing relevant information.
- Event Gallery: Students and parents can view the pictures and albums of events and engagements taking place in the University. It has the option of download and share.
Features to be integrated soon:
- Attendance: Students and parents will be able to see real-time attendance for each lecture for the day as marked in official records.
- Incident Report: Indiscipline and extra ordinary activities will be reported to parents instantly. The discipline enforcing officials can browse the past records of a student through the App.
- Fees: Payment of University fees will be made through online mode.
Download KIIT Krusader App:
Click to download the app for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koneventures.kiitkrusader