Leadership Coach & People Strategy Champion with KSOM faculty
An interactive session was organized for all the Faculty members with Shri Debi Prasad Das, Leadership Coach & People Strategy Champion at KIIT School of Management on 2nd December, 2019. He was welcomed and introduced by Dr. S.K. Mahapatra, Director, KSOM.
Shri Debi Prasad Das is a senior human resource professional with 28 years of experience in Technology & Manufacturing sector. Mr. Das has imparted coaching to many business leaders and mentored several startups, in the areas of business strategy, growth, customer acquisition and people processes. He is also a Social Entrepreneur, working on how to make life meaningful for professionals past their prime.
In his insightful delivery, he talked about the changing industry and technology landscape and how it can form a part of the pedagogy to make the students future ready. He summarized on what institutions should do by reflecting on the below points.
- Curriculum vs. Core competencies
- Knowledge vs. Application
- Self-learning vs. Peer learning
- Class room vs. Technology enables simulations
- Course contents vs. Research based learning / self-directed learning
- Academics vs. Industry partnering (In-sighting)
- Corporate vs. Alternate career choices
- Core Specialization vs. Choice of Electives